Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Grace Haven: Days 25 - 26

True to my promise to myself, I got up early Wednesday and went to catch Deathfish.

By 5:00 a.m.--the time when Deathfish always disappear--I had caught 3, and went straight to the grocery to sell them for $2,773!

I finally had enough money to buy the Ambrosia recipe. I rushed to the library and, before 2:00 p.m., had learned that recipe and completed the Menu Maven subchallenge. Another Goal completed, and I even received 5,000 Lifetime Happiness points for learning every recipe!

(I briefly considered purchasing the Fast Learner reward, which cost 15,000 points,

but decided against it because I was already so far ahead in my study that I didn't think it would be a worthwhile purchase at this point.)

Cheered by my accomplishment of one of the last few Goals in the GAC Challenge, I stayed at the library to study Gardening.

I reached Level 9 before 4:00 p.m.,

and got about halfway to Level 10 before I had to go home to rest mid-evening.

I had a wish to make my bed, so did so, just to get the promised 150 points,

which brought me very close to 20,000 points. When I get to 20,000 I might buy another reward, though I haven't yet decided which one.

I figured I would get to 20,000 while I slept.

I got out of bed Thursday before 4:00 a.m., and found I'd reached exactly 20,000 points.

I looked at the available rewards, but decided that none of the 20,000-point rewards was worth getting. I resolved to hold out for the 40,000-point Collection Helper.

My rationale for this was that I needed lots of money from finding gems and other things to create a nice home, so that I wouldn't be embarrassed to have my fiance, Jon, visit me. Though I don't know where we're going to live after we're married, since he already seems to have a house. It's huge, and up the street from me--

I've walked by, but never rang the doorbell (because Jon says he's so rarely there).

I satisfied a wish to make my bed,

and another to unclog my toilet. (Had to do that, anyway.)

I tended my garden (no new Perfect plants--boo, hiss!),

and headed to the library to try to finish off Gardening. Jon was there,

and as usual a couple of kisses from him put me in a terrific mood.

That's why it's worth dating a Great Kisser!

Buoyed by John's loving encouragement, I reached Gardening Level 10.

That was really enough for one day, so I went home to sleep at about 7:30,

but got up a bit after 11:00,

just to get 250 points for cleaning my toilet.

Then I went right back to bed.

************
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Join us next time, when Grace makes loads of money and starts building her house.

1 comment:

  1. Good call on skipping the Fast Learner reward in favor of the Collection Helper. I never could tell that it added that much to how fast Harriet learned things, but then again, it's kind of hard to tell without another sim to directly compare to.

    ReplyDelete