Monday, August 17, 2009

Grace Haven: Day 12

Thursday morning while I slept, my potato vine produced Perfect potatoes, so I got a lot more Lifetime Happiness points.

I got up just after 5:00 p.m., intending to be lazy and to garden in my nightgown.

Imagine my surprise when Jon Lessen walked by!

I hastily got dressed and ran over to give him a hug,

and--I confessed my attraction to him.

Fortunately, he was pleased, and went from "Friend" to "Romantic Interest"!

I took the plunge and kissed him

(and not just because I spun a wish to do so).

It was heavenly!

Jon's a Great Kisser!

As dusk fell, we held hands and carried on right there on the sidewalk.

I asked Jon to go steady.

He accepted, and went from "Romantic Interest" to "Boyfriend"!

We finally parted just after 8:00 p.m.,

and I was delighted to find that I had 3 new happy moodlets:

I happily set about tending my garden, and reached Gardening Level 7.

I replaced the Very Nice potato vine I had just harvested with a Great potato,

and since now, as a Level 7 gardener, I could plant rare seeds, I planted the 2 Unknown Rare seeds I had found days ago and had been carrying around since then.

I took a shower at home,

and used the toilet at the community garden,

and, because I wasn't tired at all (I was still thinking about Jon!), I went back to the Carpenter-Rhodes house to get a few more heads of garlic to use as bait.

Once again, I considered knocking on their door to explain my presence, but I realized it was really too late.

I then headed over to one of my favorite fishing spots, just north of the southernmost bridge,

to work on my wish to catch 10 Vampire Fish.

A quick glance at my Fishing skill journal showed that I had already caught 7,

so I didn't think it would take me very long to catch 3 more, but it actually took me till after 7:00 a.m.

But, I got the 400 Lifetime Happiness points, and I also reached Fishing Level 9, so it was a profitable way to spend the early morning.

At this point, I was getting tired and hungry, so ate a tomato out of my backpack and headed home, stopping briefly at the grocery to sell much of my catch.

I decided to hang on to the Piranha, because I can get much more money by using it for bait for Robotfish, and the Angelfish, because I can get much more money by using that for bait for Deathfish. I've really got a system here!

I finally got to bed a bit after 11:00 a.m.

************
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Join us next time, when Grace gets even better at wish management, and improves her cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, congratulations on snaring your man Grace :) It shouldn't be much longer now before you can make things more permanent with him.

    ReplyDelete