Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grace Haven: Day 1

Later that morning (Sunday), I headed out to the community garden. It's not very far from my lot, so I thought I'd try jogging there. I went past the house next door--which is beautiful; I wish I could live in a place like that. It looks like it might be a good place to raise a family. Though the house is uninhabited, the gardens look well kept. Riverview must have a rule that absentee owners need to keep up their yards.

After a block or so, I gave up jogging. I'm not in very good shape--I'm kind of scrawny, with absolutely no muscle tone. I crossed the street and walked, huffing, by the second vacant house.

It's also a very nice place. I wish someone would move into these houses, then I could befriend them and maybe use their toilets and showers instead of having to go to the gym! (What am I saying--I'm so introverted that I'm not good at making friends, and I'm certainly not capable of going up to a strange house and ringing the doorbell.)

I arrived at the community garden. They have toilets--excellent! And not that far away from my lot.

I harvested everything in sight.

A pretty good haul:

(Ignore the small stereo and the food items from the fridge--they were in my inventory before.)

Of course, there's nothing like physical labor to deplete one's hygiene,

so I went to the gym to shower and use the toilet. Fortunately, the gym has a very nice clean bathroom (which, since I'm Neat, I liked).

After my ablutions, I took a few minutes to nosh on some of the lettuce I'd harvested from the community garden,

being careful not to eat the best quality lettuce, which I thought I might want to plant later.

I left the gym and caught a cab for the library, which was across the river. It was almost dusk.

The Wright Reading Room is an impressive-looking building. I love the smell of old bookbinding, so I was happy to be there.

I sat down to read Gardening Volume 1.

This certainly is a bustling place, for a library.

I read till I reached Gardening Level 1 (at which point I received some seeds in my inventory), then went home to sleep for a few hours.

************

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Join us next time, when Grace starts planting her garden, starts learning to fish, and wants to buy a book (though she doesn't have any money).


2 comments:

  1. Grace is off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nyadeni. I've determined that it is possible to play a Sim with no shower or toilet of her own without disaster. Grace is saving up for top-quality plumbing, so that will take a while.

    ReplyDelete